<< Vorheriger Thread | Nächster Thread >>   

Automated Install/Preferences

Autor Eintrag
Jeff Hernandez
Fri Mar 28 2014, 12:06AM
Registriertes Mitglied #1398
Einträge: 2
Greetings,

I recently purchased a site license and am having issues with performing an automated install with a common configuration. I have looked at the command line options but they don't seem to work?

I am running windows 7 and 8 and created a default configuration after installing manually. I exported to an INI file and tried the /INIFILE and /COMMON but nothing seems to happen.

How can I apply a common configuration file to all machines during install? I expected the settings to be imported into HKLM based on the examples. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Comfort
Fri Mar 28 2014, 10:35AM

Einträge: 545
/INIFILE
Instructs the program to save its settings in an INI file. The settings are saved in the Backup.ini file located in the program installation folder (subfolder Data).

/RESTORE
When the program is launched with this parameter, it loads the settings from the INI file specified in the command line. If another instance of the program is already running, the settings from the INI file are loaded into it. You can save the settings to an INI file using the Options window in the Advanced section.
For example: C:\Program Files\ComfortKeyboard\CKeyboard.exe /RESTORE "C:\Program Files\ComfortKeyboard\params.ini"

http://www.comfort-software.com/keyboard/help/commandlineswitches.htm

So it's better to use option /RESTORE.

Have a nice day
Jeff Hernandez
Fri Mar 28 2014, 11:20AM
Registriertes Mitglied #1398
Einträge: 2
So would it be best to create the different templates I would like to use (e.g. extracting INI files for each configuration), then update the registry to call the ckeyboard command with the /RESTORE switch?

Is the reg key in the RUN section of the registry or somewhere else?
Comfort
Mon Mar 31 2014, 12:19PM

Einträge: 545
So would it be best to create the different templates I would like to use (e.g. extracting INI files for each configuration), then update the registry to call the ckeyboard command with the /RESTORE switch?

Yes.

Is the reg key in the RUN section of the registry or somewhere else?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComfortSoftware\
or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ComfortSoftware\

Have a nice day
Moderatoren: Comfort

Forum:     Nach oben

Syndicate diesen thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate diesen thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate diesen thread: RDF