<< Vorheriger Thread | Nächster Thread >>   

Manually Repositioning Keyboard on Windows 10 Surface Tablet

Autor Eintrag
OJ
Tue Feb 14 2017, 01:46PM
Registriertes Mitglied #1546
Einträge: 2
Hi,

I am trying to dynamically position the comfort keyboard based on text field locations in our application. Manually positioning it in code using WM_CSKEYBOARDMOVE works fine everywhere except for Windows 10 Surface tablets, where the keyboard's position is adjusted by an unknown factor based on the DPI scaling and/or screen resolution of the tablet.

As an example, on 1024x768 resolution with no DPI scaling, whatever repositions the keyboard believes the screen height is actually 1126 pixels instead of 768. The exact factor that it adjusts by is not consistent and has no pattern I can find, so unfortunately there's no math I can do there to account for it.

Enabling DPI awareness for the application appears to fix the positioning difference, but introduces a other side effects that are too difficult to work around. Ideally, I would like to be able to accurately position the keyboard without DPI awareness. Is it possible to deal with this issue or is it a problem with Windows 10?

Thank you in advance!
OJ
Thu Feb 16 2017, 03:28PM
Registriertes Mitglied #1546
Einträge: 2
Hello again!

I found out the cause of my issue. It turns out that after changing resolutions, Windows 10 usually requires me to log out and log back in for the positioning to work with the new scale. With that in mind I have no problems manually repositioning the keyboard now.
Moderatoren: Comfort

Forum:     Nach oben

Syndicate diesen thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate diesen thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate diesen thread: RDF